Thursday 13 September 2012

Tomorrow's Heroes wow us today at MSFW

This show was another highlight for me at MSFW. It followed after the RMIT student runway show and I thought, now how can you top that? Well, it obviously wasn't as conceptual as the student show, but these designers after all have to think about selling to the consumer. But there were some definite show stoppers such as Neo Dia who owned the runway in a flowing black number with gold geometric chest wear- or as I like to look at it as a sun baking reflector! Orri Henrisson thankfully offered the gents in the audience something to feel excited about with great use of colour and different materials to contrast what could normally be rather plain menswear. Thursday Sunday made me feel like I had stepped into a retro Technicolour 50's film which made me incredibly happy to see that silhouette come back adorned with large brimmed hats and wedges, while Catherine Leon gave us fun prints, colour and some shimmer in metallic jackets. I think Spring has most definitely sprung people and I look forward to seeing the next instalments from these designers.
LIVIA ARENA
ORRI HENRISSON
CATHERINE LEON
THURSDAY SUNDAY
NEO DIA
Finale

No comments:

Post a Comment