Friday 15 February 2013

It's all in the stripe!


Source here
I just love stripes. Always have and always will. And what's not to love. They have a cheery positive vibe about them and are classic staples that will never ever date! My closet is full of striped clothes sorted by colours & striped accessories so it only makes sense that houses too get decorated in striped awnings which I call them fashion for houses! I recently made some myself and spend many an hour enjoying the cosy feel it gives while offering me protection from the sun. A striped awning can make the most drab house all of a sudden come alive, a shop front appear more welcoming and a market stall all the more cosmopolitan.
I love walking around neighbourhoods and discovering striped awnings and I especially love watching retro films and of course the TV series Dallas just to see the gorgeous awnings that are usually set against a fabulous pool. I'm quite partial to the yellow and white stripe- hence my Dallas obsession but the classic blue and white also rather appeals to me too and makes me dream of exotic locations. Do you have a favourite colour and feeling about striped awnings? If you haven't yet, I bet you start to notice them more now. 
Source here
Source here
Source here
Source here
Source here
Source here
Source here
Source here
Source here
Source here
Source here

No comments:

Post a Comment