Wednesday 4 September 2013

MSFW Designer Series Runway 1


What may already seem like a long time ago in fashion circles, last Saturday night was the official opening of MSFW with the 1st runway show gracing the Melbourne Town Hall. It's hard to keep up sometimes but as each model whizzed past me and my camera struggled to click on time, I was rather pleased with what I was seeing come down the runway, with both the clothes, hair/make-up and styling.
It was all a bit theatrical with musicians gracing the stage announcing the next designer, while milliner Richard Nylon ended the show with a spectacle that held front row mouths ajar with delight! Highlights for me were my usual favourites Gwendolynne with her sumptuous gowns and beautiful floral headwear, made me feel I had entered an ethereal world. So pretty! Craig Braybook made his MSFW debut with a collection of white gowns that clearly showed the man knows how to design dresses for the female form,adorning them with the most beautiful lace and soft fabrics. Dom Bagnato provided a fresh preppy look for menswear that I'm sure will be seen track side come the Melbourne Racing season as well as the pink floral dresses on offer from Nicolangela. There's so much more to say, but I should spare your eyeballs as this is a rather long visual post- and I'll let the clothes tell the story! Enjoy! 

RICHARD NYLON

CRAIG BRAYBROOK

JAYSON BRUNSDON

DOM BAGNATO

GWENDOLYNNE

AURELIO COSTARELLA

JASONGRECH

NICOLANGELA


No comments:

Post a Comment