Wednesday 10 April 2013

A long time ago, we used to be friends-and I've thought a lot of you lately Veronica Mars!

Source here
If ever there was the most perfect example of if you believe in something strong enough- never-EVER Give Up!Veronica Mars has always been my reference point for inspiring characters, brilliant comeback lines and dry humour, particularly from a female role, and now it also provides me with real life inspiration of the power of humanity. Lately I have found myself saying more often than not, that it is easy to just roll over and accept something as it is, blame it on the way of the world and just use the excuse that there is nothing that can be done about it, it's just the way it is. Wrong. If you choose to believe that, then yes it will be the way it is.
But I thank those fearless individuals who everyday refuse to accept things for the way they are and forge ahead in life even when those around them think they are just plain mad. I suspect Warner Brothers Studios didn't quite grasp just how mad Veronica Mars fans were when they cancelled this intelligent show after just 3 series. What followed was years of persistent begging by the creator Rob Thomas and leading star Kristen Bell to make a movie and bring some closure to the show after an abrupt end, the studio kept rejecting them, claiming there was no audience for the show.  Well, not only is there an audience, there is a commitment by ordinary people to help realise a creative dream and the love of fictional characters that have impacted and touched the lives of so many. Dedicated Twitter accounts such as Neptune Rising, were created to put pressure on the studio, with Tweetathons and regular support from cast and creator. Until the 13th of March when I was standing in the longest cue at the post office entertaining myself scrolling through Twitter when I came across the announcement that Rob Thomas had set up a Kickstarter campaign where if the fans want a movie, the fans can pay for it! Now while I think that Warner Brothers should pull their fat finger out and pay for it themselves, I was so excited that I nearly screamed at the top of my high squealed voice at the thought that control is now in the power of the people. And they sure took it upon themselves to revel in the power, breaking a record $2 million raised in just 10 hours!
Source here
Now I am aware that there may be some people out there who are not aware of Veronica Mars. I just have this to say to you. The sooner you do- the better your life will be! Get yourself all three seasons on DVD and curl up on your couch and have a Veronica-marathon and I'm sure you too will be hanging out for the movie release next year! I won't steer you wrong, trust me! Veronica is such a great character and one that we don't see very often on our screens. She is smart, articulate, creative, technical, an awesome photographer, she scares most people- mostly because they know she can outsmart them, and she is a loyal friend to those that stick by her. Oh, and she's gorgeous and wears great outfits too!  
Source here
To be part of a history making event, you still have a small window of time left in the Kickstarter campaign before it ends on Friday the 12th of April. You could start with as little as a $1 or the more you offer, the more you get, including t-shirts, copy of the script and the DVD of the movie! I am so excited by this and the thought that I can say when I watch the movie, that my contribution appears somewhere on the screen. It is so amazing to me to see the craft of film making being supported as I know what it is like to have scripts living inside your head un-realised due to lack of funds. If you have a dollar to spare, you can be sure gratitude will be your reward. 
Source here
Source here
Source here
Source here

Source here
Source here
Source here
Source here
Source here
Source here



No comments:

Post a Comment