Thursday 3 January 2013

Many Happy Returns!

Hello everyone! Its been a while since I have posted anything, I must say the month of December flew past faster than a woman on her way to a shoe sale! But late is better than never I say, a motto I seem to live by, and even though there are Easter eggs already on the shelves in the shops, it feels odd bringing you a belated Christmas post, but I wanted to share with you a few pics of how I spent my Christmas Day in love with my wonderful city in all her decked out glory!
I truly love the energy this time of year can bring with people all gathering to look at the decorations, with strangers even offering to take pictures of you while we exchange cameras back and forth. It really was a pleasant day that thankfully was not all dictated by the food, but more about the adventure, the sights and sounds! Although some yummy food indeed was consumed, but working up that appetite meant really appreciating every bite. One of the highlights was after eating, squeezing oneself back into some pants and going to see the light and sound show at the Town Hall, which was decked out in a spectacle of moving light show along with some rather catchy tunes. It was a rather beautiful way to spend Christmas night gathered with an eager crowd wearing Santa hats with children staring at wonder at the coloured light show before us. It really brought back the spirit of Christmas for me and I'm so glad for all the hard work that went into putting on this free entertainment for us. I hope you enjoy some of the photos below, and that you too did have indeed a very Merry Christmas, a happy and relaxing holiday period and the most joyous New Year! May you continue to stay safe, healthy, nurtured in body, mind and spirit and may all your needs be met. Live each day to fulfil your dreams and let your inner creative soar. Thank you to all who have logged on to my blog in the past year, it has meant so much to me and truly exceeded my expectations. I value each and every one of your visits and hope you continue to enjoy my Gadabout journey in 2013. 































No comments:

Post a Comment