Thursday 29 March 2012

Daniella Caputi At The Wearer's Right

During L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival I attended The Wearer's Right at The Thousand Pound Bend, which is a showroom collective of young designers showcasing their new collections. Among some of the designers, I was introduced to another young Perth designer Daniella Caputi. Trading under her own name, she introduced me to her new collection. The pieces are all made by Daniella and locally produced which I love using high quality fabrics and featuring laser cut outs, pleating, digital prints and the amazing dresses with tiny pieces of Balsa wood, each hand sewn onto the garment by Daniella! Phew! I imagined the sound the Balsa wood would make when worn as you move. It would be amazing! Established in 2009, her passion is infectious and her love for architecture and structural form is evident in this collection. Certainly a name to look out for and I wish her continued success.



You can purchase items from Daniella Caputi on her website at www.daniellacaputi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment