Thursday 25 April 2013

New York City Style in Melbourne

Phew, it's amazing how time flies when you are distracted by so many projects on the go! I have been meaning to give you this post sooner and not deprive you of another fabulous fashion fix, but alas have only just gotten to it now. Back in March, I was thrilled to hear that my favourite stylist Patricia Field curated a world premiere exhibition entitled New York City Style showcasing 20 iconic outfits worn in the Sex and the City movie.
I was even more thrilled to hear that Melbourne was the lucky city where it will premiere and that all that stood between me and the gowns worn by Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda was a piece of glass! The Sex and the City movie was on TV just after I had seen the exhibition and it was great spotting the dresses and seeing how they looked with the aid of studio lighting and those great actresses in them and comparing it to the form on the mannequin, studying the seams, stitching and fabrics. I absolutely loved the Halston red dress and pink vintage dress that Carrie wore. Actually I have many favourites, so hard to pick just a few. The exhibition was held at the fashion capital Chadstone Shopping centre, surrounded by the luxury precinct which I feel the girls would be right at home in. It was beautifully presented, creating a mini New York in the heart of Melbourne and it was fun seeing so many girls and women gush as they realised it's the clothes from Sex and the City. I do believe I did spy some men doing the same as well. For those lucky enough to have seen it in the flesh while it was on show here in Melbourne, it was a special treat, but for those that haven't seen it, then I'm glad to share it with you now. Which dress would you love to be Carried away in? 



























No comments:

Post a Comment